Monday, July 27, 2009

Life IS good....

Life is good in Morgantown, WV....

Our trip to Iowa in June was wonderful! We were able to visit many friends and catch up on our lives. My feelings are so mixed when I think about Iowa and all the wonderful people I love there. Just as I thought I would have a hard time leaving!

One of my favorite things that we did while we was visiting was see our friends Rose & Carl. Rose & Carl are an elderly couple that Lenard & I met through my friend Patti. We became friends from the start. Spring/Summer of 2006 we helped Carl & Rose with a few projects around their house and when we were done it seemed like we still couldn't get enough of them. We were able to spend Christmas with them in 2006 and I have to say that it was one of the best times during the Christmas Holiday that I ever had while I lived in Iowa. We always chose to go home (WV) during Thanksgiving, so Christmas in Iowa was always a little hard for me, but not that Christmas. Carl now lives in an Assisted Living Home and Rose is in a Care Home. We were able to visit Rose at the Care Home, although I'm not quit sure she remembered me, it was still nice to see her. Rose is such an Elegant Lady and I wasn't surprised that she looked so "fancy" when we visited, she was still as pretty as the day we left. I visited with Carl & Rose during the Summer of 2008 and knew Rose's health was getting worse and when I left Iowa I prayed for their good health and that I would be able to visit both of them this summer. I was able to visit Carl at his house and then we went out to eat at our Favorite restaurant in town. I'm so disappointed that I didn't get any pictures of them, so I will attach some from the summer of 2008.




Carl & Abby (he just loves her)


Me & Rose


Sharaden, Abby, Dory, Nicole, Becca & Leah


The girls going through some Porcelain dolls that our friends Pam & Ken gave them


The girls in Pam & Ken's yard


J&P Cycles open house


Anissa, Sharaden, Tyler, Shelbie & Savannah

Last week we were able to spend some time at our camp in Elkins, WV. We also visited the highest point in WV. Spruce Knob, WV. On a clear day when standing on the lookout tower you can view 5 states (OH, KY, VA, MD & PA).




We have been really busy this summer and it seems like it is going way to fast. In less than a month Sharaden will be going into 3rd grade and Abby will be going into Kindergarten.



No comments:

Post a Comment