Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Where have my babies gone????

it's been a while since I've posted and a lot of things have been happening around the Boggs' home... We had a really nice time at Seneca Rocks and Spruce Knob. We went on a couple adventures, but most of the time we just relaxed around the camper. Despite the bad bike accidents that Abby had while we were at both places the trip went really well. Abby was riding her bike at Seneca Rocks and wasn't watching where she was going and wrecked into the garbage cans and bruised up her jaw and collar bone pretty bad. While we were at Spruce Knob, she was riding her scooter (a witness stated she had to be going at least 25mph down hill) and she wrecked she was covered with road rash and had a hard time walking on her right foot. She was pretty scraped up and I came really close to taking her to the hospital, but I managed to crush a Tylenol and she ate it with some applesauce to help her with the pain. I swear this child has a black cloud hanging over her!! I warned her kindergarten teacher, that if any of her students get hurt it defiantly will be Abby!!

Sharaden started third grade at a new school this year and she seems to be enjoying it. She has always excelled in all of her subjects, so were not too worried about how she will do. Her teacher is really nice and so far she seems to be getting along with everyone in her class.

Abby started kindergarten today. She has been so excited to go to school. She counted down the days, then the hours. I always said that I couldn't wait for school to start and that I wouldn't cry, but after I dropped her off and got back into the car I felt a sense of sadness come over me and I started crying! At least I waited till I got into the car!! She will get along in school just fine! Her teacher is awesome!

Sharaden had her first soccer game this past weekend and she got to play goalie and she like that position. She was a little nervous, because the age group that she played in last season didn't goalie, so lenard had to walk her through a few things. The team they were playing didn't have enough players, so Sharaden and two other girls played on the other team. Sharaden enjoyed it because she was able to play with some girls that she knew from her old school. The team she was playing on lost, but her actual team won do to forfeit, because of not having enough players.

Lenard and I have decided to go on a diet. He is walking about 4 miles a day and I'm not doing anything.... LOL!! We decided to start watching our food intake and change our eating habits and so far it's working pretty good! He had lost 16lbs and I have lost 11lbs. We started our diet about a month ago, so I think it's pretty good so far. I'm still looking for a job, but haven't had any luck yet!! UGH!!

Below are some pictures from our camping trips!! Hope everyone has had a wonderful summer!!

Senca Rocks, WV

Our Campsite

Walking to the top

when we got there the signs read this... no cellphone service??

from the top (we didn't listen to what the sign said)

we found a familty cemetery

Smoke Hole Caverns

a rainy day = muddy play....

Spruce Knob Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment